Saturday, May 28, 2005

Quotes on God: 3

  • How can I be fearful with His presence inside my heart, the One, whose remembrance destroys the fear of birth, old-age, and death. [Prahlaad to Hiranyakashipu, Vishnupurana]
  • I consistently bow to Govinda, Who is Kaal or passage of time (for everyone), Who is beyond the artistry of Kaal himself, Who is ornate, Who is left even when the world disappears, Who destroys the malice of Kaliyug, and Who is the only help to shape up our destiny. [Shankaracharya in Govindaashtaka]
  • The One who created this universe with three qualities, viz., sattva, raja, and tama, without the help of anyone consistently cares for ignorant, undevoted, and unthankful alike. [Tulsidas in Ramcharitmanas]
  • O Lord, I am a small boy and You are the creator of the universe. (In that situation) How can I sing praises of You? If You are happy with my meditation and sacrifice, grant me the boon that I can sing Your praise right now. [Dhruv to Sri-Vishnu, Vishnupurana]
  • I bow to You, Who is only truth (light), Who cannot be completely characterized, Who is all-pervading, Who is present in polymorphic forms, and Who is the soul of everyone. [Akruur to Krishna, Vishnupurana]

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com