Friday, May 20, 2005

Beauty Secret Revealed

If you are a frequent shopper at Amazon, you must be aware of their free shipping offer over USD twenty-five purchases. I had to purchase a book which was worth USD twenty-three. I started looking for some measly stuff on their website and purchased my beauty-secret, with a cost little over USD two. My order was set; I got free shipping!

Yesterday, the box was delivered to my office. The delivery guy, a very friendly one, whispered to me, ``Bhaaluu^! Can't you walk to the corner of the street for your beauty-secret?'' I smiled since I could notice the open-package. I explained him what happened at Amazon. He smiled and said, ``That's what I wondered; otherwise I thought you don't like purchasing your beauty-secret in person.''

As an endnote, some explanations are needed. I wanted the book to be delivered at my office address; this forced the beauty-secret to arrive in office as well. It was still under a brown-box, to be noticed. However, recent anthrax and mail-terrorism requires each box to be opened in the mail room and inspected. The beauty-secret is nothing but a Dove beauty bar without fragrance.


* * *
^ Name has been changed for privacy purposes.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com