Sunday, March 27, 2005

Monologue Series : IV

I gaze around and see hard to understand patterns running on white-like surfaces. I wonder what are they; I cannot recognize anything on the white surfaces. I hear a continuous irritating, but tolerable, buzz coming from one corner. A strange smell tickles my nose, though not discernable, but is likeable. As I see around, I find a colorful object; but it is far from my hands. The more I try to get it, the farther it seems. Oh Lord! Am I supposed to face all these separations from beautiful objects during my whole life? That will be really saddening.

I hear a strange sharp sound, quite different from the buzz coming from other side. Someone walks by me; I smile and shout with a giggle, and she smiles at me too. The smiles fade away and the faces become obscure. Suddenly, a lot of dazzle enters from the corner where sharp sound came. The smiling one walks again by me with a rather ugly thing this time. No no, I certainly don't want it! I look with a rather puzzled face this time, and get a flying soft kiss from the person walking beside me.

I look again at the seven-colored object. Oh my! It looks prettier now, I surely want it this time. I reach out so much and so much; I fail. Yet another jump and attempt for it, and I fall off in air. Oh Lord! What happened? And what did strike me so hard? I start crying due to pain. The smiling woman came running, this time little anxious, and picks me up in her hands. I cry and she consoles; I cry more and she consoles more. I give up and smile. Something moves around my eyes and nothing appears proper to me. There I sit again, where I was. This time the many colored object is in my hands. And I touch it, play with it, and throw it again on ground. I look around for the smiling one who has again disappeared. The buzz from the other corner is fading away.

I feel I need something. Need what, I don't know. I just start crying. Cries again? Yes. I cry harder after a pause. She runs to me again, and says, ``your lunch is ready little one. No need to cry.'' She pats me and lays me down in her lap. I drink something white and sweet, and slowly slumber to sleep.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com